Saturday, November 1, 2008

A Fun Halloween for "Ninja Boy"




Every year I make James' Halloween costume. In 8 Halloweens I only didn't make it last year, when he wanted to be Darth Vader and I gave in and bought the costume. Over the years, I've made a bumblebee, a devil, a dinosaur, a skeleton, the Tin Man (from the Wizard of Oz), and Count Dracula.
I am by NO MEANS a seamstress!! I take the sewing machine out once a year....to make his costume!! I can make do and my philosophy is, "It's a Halloween costume and it'll be dark outside!!" I can get away with almost anything and get by. The costumes I've made are never perfect, but are always cute, enjoyed and appreciated. That makes it all worthwhile!
This year James decided he wanted to be a Ninja, so a Ninja he was! Though, wearing the finished product made him look a little bit like a terrorist (I thought!!) he was quite pleased and proud of the outcome. Slipping into the costume, he became the "King of Drama", fulfilling the role and loved posing for the camera, as you can see!!
The Ninja didn't scare Lacey. She knew that was James under there!!








Halloween night, James' school had a party for all the kids. This was taken out on the playground before the party.





This is James and his best buddy, Cameron, who dressed up like a StormTrooper from Star Wars. After the party at school, I took the two of them Trick or Treating through the neighborhood close to home. A great time was had by all!!
As we sat quietly in the livingroom winding down from the evening and getting ready for bed last night, James looked at me and said, "Gee, Mom, I wonder what I'll be next year!!?!!!" Good grief, give Mom and the sewing machine a rest for awhile, OK?! I love you, my little Ninja.....you are the best!!!






5 comments:

Helen McNamara said...

What a fun costume! And it looks like James had a lot of fun being this character (I'm with you on the psudo terrorist look though!)
Have you checked out my LO of Pam and her kids as a barrel of Monkeys? That girl of mine REALLY gets into Halloween.

Helen said...

I always love reading about your Halloween tales....so glad you all had fun.

Cindy LaJoy said...

James and Cam look great! We missed the carnival at school but our Scout cakes were there and they looked awesome...if they were still intact by the time the cake walk occurred. I bow down to your seamstress abilities, as you already know from having read my blog that "that ain't happenin' " at our house!! Hahaha! Glad you all had a great time...We already went through the Ninja phase 2 years ago with Matthew.

Melissa S said...

I love that blue shiny material you used!! ANd kudos to you for making it!!

Dig-Photos n Scrappings said...

Cute ones.. Can see He is enjoy having halloween boy!!