Sunday, June 28, 2009

Another ride up Escalante Canyon

We seem to be back where we started! I believe my very first blog entry was about a ride we had taken up Escalante Canyon, with photos included. We try to make this easy trip at least once a year....it's close and doesn't require us to be gone all day, and yet it's one of our favorite places to visit. It's so much like the "wild west" one would see in the old western movies. There are old, abandoned cabins along the way, where explorers had set up camp. It's easy to transport yourself back in time.
Both James and Dusty think it would be cool to live there. I'm not so sure. The cabins we've explored somehow give me the creeps. I'm not the time who gives in easily to believing about "haunts" or ghosts....just lets say these places leave me feeling "uneasy". I'm okay with it all during the day, but I don't think I'd be very comfortable there at night! Nonetheless, it's a beautiful place and one we all enjoy visiting!! The red rock canyon walls (isn't that which gave Colorado it's name??!!), the bright blue sky and the green of the irrigated fields and other vegitation all makes it an amazing place. I hope you enjoy the pictures I have to share from our drive........








2 comments:

Melissa S said...

absolutely incredible photos..I wish I was there..but this is a nice compromise.

Wendy said...

Lenore these are AWESOME!! I love the Canyons and the blue sky! I can't believe you don't go there more often for photos!! Can I come play, lol...Thank you for sharing!